RE: 3D checking

From: Stahlhut, Todd A. (stahlht@po2.nawc-ad-indy.navy.mil)
Date: Fri Jan 10 1997 - 14:25:00 EET

>if you're running a stereolithography or sintering system, you're familiar
>with the problem of intersection checking. If you create very dense jobs,
>then you have to check for all layers, if any contour is crossing another
one.

>So does anyone know any software which can check this automatically. Best
>would be if the check would be based on layers, and not on STL-files.

I agree that this tool would be very useful. I do however disagree with
your
point about being based on layers. . I want to be able to quickly
determine if there is a nesting problem as I am placing the STL part and
support files on the platform for building. I don't want to know this
information
after I have spent all the time preparing the build.

Regards, Todd Stahlhut