Opportunity

From: Connelly, Rob - BDRC (connelly@bdrc.bd.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 1997 - 17:03:06 EET

Hello RP-er's!

Becton Dickinson has an immediate need for an individual interested in
helping us expand our Rapid Prototyping and Rapid Tooling capabilities. We
are a large medical products manufacturer with product development and
manufacturing locations throughout the world. A very large percentage of
our products are injection molded plastics, so the emerging field of Rapid
Tooling is of great interest to our company.

Here at our Research Center in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
(Raleigh-Durham area) we have a Rapid Prototyping operation with 3D Systems
and Sanders Prototyping equipment. Due to recent successes with Rapid
Tooling (Direct Injection, 3D-Keltool, and Hybrid) we are expanding our
operations to provide Rapid Tooling services for the entire company. Our
specialty is small parts with very tight tolerances, and we have found ways
to achieve this in R/T (OK... most of the time:-))

The individual we seek is a self-starter and an experimenter, with
experience in *one or more* of the following areas: (1) injection mold
design, (2) complete SLA operations, or (3) strong Pro/Engineer or SDRC
Ideas CAD experience.

Responsibilities will include a mix of normal RP part production, mold
design and master fabrication, interfacing with customers and tooling
vendors, and commercialization of crazy/ridiculous new ideas for getting
parts molded fast.

Becton Dickinson is an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefits
package and competitive salaries. Send a resume to Rob Connelly at the
address listed below.

Thank you for your time in reading my commercial message! Now, back to the
regularly scheduled stuff.

 - Rob
Rob Connelly
Becton Dickinson Research Center