Re: Technical questions of the week

From: ralott@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 02:09:29 EET

Technical questions of the week:

How does the world handle getting an RP system to start up about 2am while
you are home tucked into bed?

***** There's so much more to life than work. Especially at 2 am.

 How much progress has been made getting RP systems more push button?
Setting build start times, automatic record keeping and reports( like the
ones on fax machines) , automatic warning of system problems, etc.

     ***** I quit keeping records a long time ago and haven't missed them
     yet! And my RP machines already have buttons I haven't figured out.

 How does the small weaker users manage materials or vats that weigh a ton
when forklifts don't fit? I know I could hire a grad student for muscles
not brains but that is not cost effective.

***** Selective breeding can solve this problem, but it will take
patience.

We users have always asked 3D for the moon but I have never heard any other
RP system user publicly ask for anything. Why?

**** If 3D had the moon they wouldn't give it to you. They might give you a
small asteroid, though.