RP Color - observation

From: Lee_Humphrey@ccmail.orl.mmc.com
Date: Wed Jan 29 1997 - 21:00:45 EET

Hello,
The discussion of color RP reminds me of color pictures my grandmother
showed me on pieces of sheetmetal from around the 1880-1890's. The place
was Kentucky and they felt any trip more than a few miles was a major
undertaking. Life has changed but maybe not. Technical issues were too
great in the 1800's for color so they had artists hand paint the colors in.
This went on for many years before the process was cheap enough for the
common person to expect color photographs which was probably the 1960-70's.
I expect we will be painting and complaining for a few more years.

Lee Humphrey