Re: AAROFLEX letter

From: Ian Gibson (igibson@hkucc.hku.hk)
Date: Fri Feb 21 1997 - 03:51:20 EET

>> The letter suggests that because
>> stereolithography is used by some to describe RP in general,
>> that the users group, focused on 3D Systems technology,
>> is doing something wrong in using the term.
>
>> P.S. Am I out of line here or does this seem strange ???
>

>Sounds like a case of StereoEnvy to me.

>David K. Leigh harvest@vvm.com
>Harvest Technologies phone (817) 742-1822
>Rapid Prototyping Center fax (817) 742-0053

Or SLAnder (not to be confused with the word slander which of course has a
completely different meaning)?

But I do have a more serious question. Is the 3DS NASUG a closed shop? Could
I, as someone both not North American and no longer a user of SLA, gain
access to this forthcoming meeting?

If the answer to the second question is no then surely its a little unfair
to use rp-ml to broadcast this event.

If the answer was yes, then maybe AAROFLEX should consider sending one or
more of their representatives and cease this endless bickering about names.

IG
Dr Ian Gibson
Dept. Mechanical Engg.
University of Hong Kong
Hong Kong

email: igibson@hkucc.hku.hk
www: http://hkumea.hku.hk/acad_igibson.html
tel: +852 2859 7901
fax: +852 2858 5415

"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."