RE: Pro/E imports to FrameMaker

From: Stahlhut, Todd A. (stahlht@indy.navy.mil)
Date: Thu Mar 06 1997 - 20:20:00 EET

>The Pro/E drawings are saved as HPGL files and imported into Frame
> with the Frame filter.

> The drawings are not importing properly: Solid lines in the Pro/E
> become various dotted and hashed lines. Colors appear in the
> filtered version that were not in the original.

The HPGL format is actually a format for HP plotters. In fact if you
look
at a file it is a series of pen up, pen down, move pen, etc commands.
Since there are a variety of printers with differing capabilities, there
are
a variety of flavors of an HPGL file. Things like how circles are
drawn,
text, linestyles, colors, etc can all vary from 'flavor' to 'flavor' The
important thing is to determine what HPGL printer you are outputing from
PRO E and then what flavor you are reading in. For example, I believe
MS Word wants to see an HP7475A printer to work right. Refer to
you applications to see which printers you can read from and to. If all
else
fails, you might be able to use a program such as HiJaak to convert to
a readable format.

Regards, Todd Stahlhut