Use of Keltool Process

From: Stahlhut, Todd A. (stahlht@indy.navy.mil)
Date: Wed Mar 12 1997 - 16:52:00 EET

I have a project that may about 5000 piece
parts in a plastic material. It appears that
the KELTOOL process may lend itself to
this job. My understanding is that there are
three major steps involved.

  1) Create SLA pattern

  2) Contract with Keltool to make
       Steel inserts from SLA patterns

  3) Contract with injection molder
        to use inserts to make an injection
        tool and create parts.

I will be creating the pattern internally. As to
steps two and three, what turnaround times and
ballpark costs have other seen.

What are the major risks associated with this
process.

I know I can contact 3D Keltool and intend to
but I would like to get a non Sales answer on
this first.

Thanks,

Todd Stahlhut
Hughes Technical Services Company, Indianapolis
stahlht@po2.nawc-ad-indy.navy.mil