CAD/CAM software requirements for RP

From: Elaine Persall (persall@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 14 1997 - 14:46:49 EET

>Karoly Nemeth wrote
>
>I would like to make a comparison of some of the CAD/CAM systems used in
>the field of RP. My work would include
>the analysis of advanced software tools for concurrent product design,
>regarding their suitability for RP work.
>I would like to get a list of CAD/CAM software requirements, which could
>be the base of the comparison.
>Does anyone know about a list of this kind (preferably on the Net)?

The BEST reference on CAD systems and their capabilities is the following....

The CAD Rating Guide By W. Bradley Holtz published by ZEM Press. I believe
it is a yearly publication yet extremely comprehensive in details. It is
worth the cost of several hundred dollars....

Elaine

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine (Persall) Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
persall@ces.clemson.edu
http://design.eng.clemson.edu/rp/persall/elaine.html