Re[2]: Windows N/T Upgrade

From: Elaine Persall (persall@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 01 1997 - 15:37:28 EEST

Lynda wrote............
> I can't afford to keep having ......... idle time on this machine.

How many users of any technology document down time so that you can plot
the cost of idle machines to your business? Just for kicks I checked my
build logs and could casually document about 50k of lost time. I counted
only the times a build failed to complete and then counted only 4 hours per
attempt. So who knows the actual figures......

 If you do document such info can you identify whether it was in-house
failures (wrong parameters), field service, or technology problems?

Just wondering........and still wishing.

Elaine

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine (Persall) Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
persall@ces.clemson.edu
http://design.eng.clemson.edu/rp/persall/elaine.html