Re: Re: Available Viewers

From: Ray Bradford (ray@solidconcepts.com)
Date: Fri Apr 11 1997 - 03:42:05 EEST

Joe DeGuglielmo wrote:

>Ray,
>Isn't it true that the player can not view STL files?
>--
Yes, the SolidPlayer only reads SFX files. SolidView reads STL files.

If you need to distribute 3D information, one approach is to use STL files.

Another approach is to use SolidView to convert the STL file and create a 3D
communication as an SFX file. Then distribute the SFX file for FREE with
the SolidPlayer. In an educational environment, where the instructor often
disseminates information, this works exceptionally well.

Thanks,

Ray Bradford

>Ray Bradford wrote:
>>
>> Michael Maurice wrote:
>>
>> >I need a list of available shareware STL viewers. Does not have to do
>> anything but allow you to view it and zoom in.
>> >

>> If you need viewing capabilities for students or other users, why not
>> consider the
>> SolidView + SolidPlayer solution rather than time limited shareware
programs or
>> per user shareware purchases.
>>
>> SolidView is a commercial product which reads STL files and does much
more than
>> just view and zoom.
>>
>> On the low cost side, SolidPlayer is FREE and is not time limited - the
>> price per
>> SolidPlayer user is $0.00.
>>
>> SolidView creates SFX files (multiple objects and views with dimensions and
>> annotations)
>> which the FREE SolidPlayer can read allowing the SolidPlayer user to
>> View and Zoom, Measure and Inspect internal features and ultimately,
>> to receive a True 3D Communication.
>>
>> All current versions of SolidView 2.0, including SolidView RP 2.0+, support
>> SFX file creation
>> and SolidPlayer publishing but SolidView 2.0 beta versions did not.
>>
>> For more information about SolidView, please see our web site:
>> www.solidconcepts.com
>> or give us a call at 805 257-9300.
>>
>> Thanks for your consideration.
>>
>> Ray Bradford
>>

>Ray,
>Isn't it true that the player can not view STL files?
>--
>

>Regards,
>Joe DeGuglielmo
>mailto:jfdegug@ix.netcom.com

Ray Bradford ray@solidconcepts.com
Vice President, Software 805 257-9300 fax 9311
Solid Concepts Inc.
28231 Avenue Crocker, Unit 10
Valencia, CA 91355