Re: Distortion Reduction in the SLA Process

From: Chartoff, Richard P. (Chartoff@udri.udayton.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 16 1997 - 10:38:00 EEST

Early work at the University of Dayton on linear shrinkage and warpage
in the SLA process confirmed the factors that affect shrinkage and
warpage and presented both analytical and experimental results in a
series of papers presented from1993 to 1995. These were presented at
The Dayton Conferences and The Austin SFF Conferences in those years.
Our papers entitled "Reducing Warpage in Stereolithography Through Novel
Draw Styles" by Ullett,et al.(1994), specifically examined in detail the
effects of changing draw styles. These papers are available in the
Proceedings of both conferences.

Richard P. Chartoff
Professor of Materials Engineering
University of Dayton