Windows program

From: Maximilian Euringer (M.Euringer@terra.lft.uni-erlangen.de)
Date: Tue Apr 29 1997 - 17:29:53 EEST

Hello,

I am working at the University of Erlangen, Department of
Manufacturing Technologies (Germany). We are doing research on Rapid
Prototyping and Rapid Tooling. Rapid Tooling means that metal forming
tools will be builded up by laminated sheet metall. I have read your
mail where you describe your written Windows program and I am interest
on it. In my project I must develope a program which can slice a
CAD-Modell (STL-Format) in one given direction (horizontal) with
sepcified thickness and which can create CAD -Modells in STL- or
DXF-Format for every unique (sliced) layer. After that a NC-Programm
must be generated for every layer for laser beam cutting.
 The layer thickness mainly depends on the surface curves (bendings)
 and on the available sheet metall thicknesses.
What I will like to know is whether you can give me more information
about your Windows program and about three dimensional build up.

For questions, suggestions or information
mail me:
eu@lft.uni-erlangen.de
You can find more information about the Department of Manufacturing
under:
http://www.lft.uni-erlangen.de

Grettings Max Euringer