Re: Progress towards the real thing

From: George Sachs (sachs@pipeline.com)
Date: Fri May 23 1997 - 20:57:28 EEST

Dr. Fadel is hitting the nail on the head! All these technologies are the
result of a lot of time consuming research and development. If money is not
re-invested for such research, then progress will be slow. Also software
development, though at first much less expensive than hardware development,
actually can cost a tremendous amount if you want to end up with a product
that actually works 99.9% of the time. Most of the CAD/CAM/RP products out
there which I have seen, don't achieve such goals (i.e. there are many
problems with data exchange, robustness, speed, bugs).