Re: Application of 3D Systems' ACTUA 2100

From: Brad Fox (rdt@visi.com)
Date: Thu Jun 05 1997 - 16:10:03 EEST

Kevin:

My name is Brad Fox, President of Rapid Design Technologies. We are
one of the first 3D Systems Actua distributors - covering the North
Central United States. Rapid Design sells the Actua along with other
Rapid Product Developement tools, etc. Prior to Rapid Design I started
and operated a SLA service bureau.

I appreciated your comments about Actua. We've had our demo machine for
about three weeks now and found it to be an incredibly prolific model
maker. Interest in the Actua is going through the roof. The only
drawback so far is (of course) the material. TJ45 is fast and I think
works just fine for concept models, however the relentless push for
better and better materials make it a point of discussion. I understand
that TJ55 is 10X as strong as TJ45. TJ55 should be in our offices
within a week.

I'm curious to see what your feelings are regarding where MJM may go. I
think this is a big leap forward in RP. I also believe that the ink-jet
technology will allow for much more aggressive material development as
compared to SLA resins. what do you think?

One last thing, I trying to pull together an Actua Users Group, much
like NASUG. Would you (or anyone else out there) be interested in a
users group? Let me know so that I can put you on a mailing list.

Thanks!!

Brad Fox
Rapid Design Technologies Corporation
2500 W. County Road 42