Re: STL File R

From: ENZMANN, HOLGER FAX 4042 (050.BCAS017@MEMO.DAIMLER-BENZ.COM)
Date: Thu Jun 05 1997 - 19:14:51 EEST

--- Erhalten von 050.BCAS017 3059 97-06-05 18.14
  -> IN=rp-ml..bart.lpt.fi

MR ALBIN A HASTBACKA wrote:

> -- [ From: Al Hastbacka * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --
>
> I am interested in any experience with STL file repair type software.
> There are several software packages that advertise an STL repair feature
> , but how well does this feature work in any of them?

I use the Rapid Tools of DeskArtes since four years and in opinion it is
the most powerful tool for repairing stl files. you have got the
possibility to run a lot of automatic functions for verifying and
repairing and you can do a lot of things manually.
We also use Rapid Tools for nesting, orienting, boolean ops, supporting
and slicing stl parts for our five rp systems.

with kind regards

Holger Enzmann

Daimler-Benz AG
Werk Sindelfingen