Re: Support Structures for SLA

From: Michael Tsenter (nest@primenet.com)
Date: Thu Jun 05 1997 - 21:45:35 EEST

dickman@cinti.net wrote:

> RP'ers
>
> Here at Hasbro I use either Bridgeworks (Solid Concepts) or Vista
> (3DSystems) to generate my support structures when building SL models. Both
> are reliable and work well but is there a better way?
>
> I was curious who's using what support generating software? What's the best?
> Comments? Suggestions?

Dear Jason:

Rapid Tools software has a module called Rapid Supports for generation
of support structures.

We have the following types of supports available:

-web support
-profile support
-chain support
-point support
-gusset support

Furthermore, there are many optimization parameters allowing you find
the best solution. Also, the software is fully visual, so that you can
view exactly what you will get.

Please let us know if you want to evaluate this product.

Sincerely,
Michael Tsenter

--
DeskArtes - North America