Re: STL File Repairs

From: Mike Brindley (brindley@mycroft.ece.orst.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 08:00:27 EEST

> -- [ From: Al Hastbacka * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --
>
> I am interested in any experience with STL file repair type software.
> There are several software packages that advertise an STL repair feature
> , but how well does this feature work in any of them?

The admesh program is available for downloading of the source on the
internet (I believe the author hangs out on this list). I tried
this program to fix the problem of multiple instances of the same
vertex not being close enough to be considered matching, and
it fixed this problem on the couple of files I tried. I did not
try it on anything else.

   --> Mike Brindley brindley@ece.orst.edu Corvallis, Oregon, USA
"I take unanimity on any difficult topic as a danger sign."
  - P. J. Plaugher