Re: Reverse Engineering - Digitizing

From: WHITED@CLIFFY.POLAROID.COM
Date: Tue Jun 10 1997 - 21:25:51 EEST

     Hi Matt

     CGI has a machine slicing method to generate point clouds.

     If you don't mind them destroying the original it ia very accurate.

     You can call Gary Jones, CGI, Minn Mn

     612-937-2005

     Doug White
     Polaroid Corp

     This is info not an add.

     Good luck

Subject: Reverse Engineering - Digitizing
Author: mbalogh%ford.COM@prdnet.polaroid.com at INET
Date: 6/10/97 11:02 AM

I attended the SME show this past April '97 and remember seeing a booth there
setup for destructive methods to generate point cloud of data from existing
parts/hardware.

Can someone send me some information about reverse engineering from existing
parts/hardware? I am currently in contact with Scientific Measurement Systems
about their CT X-ray scan process. However, I would like more information on
the milling process and do not know any vendors that perform the work.

Laser scanning does not fit our need due to internal features needed.

Thank you in advance for your help...

--
Regards,

Matt Balogh
Product CAD/CAM Methods
Analytical Powertrain, Ford Motor Company
(313)323-1701
mbalogh@ford.com