(Fwd) Moldflow and Dassault Systemes Announce New Initiative

From: Yakov Horenstein (yakov@planet.it)
Date: Tue Jun 17 1997 - 03:00:15 EEST

>(MOLDFLOW/DASSAULT) Moldflow and Dassault Systemes Announce a New
> Initiative In Their CAA Strategic Development Partnership

   CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 16, 1997, National Plastic
> [...]
> Systmes R&D organization. The CAA partnership program encompasses
> 32 CAA Partners.
>
> CATIA-CADAM Solutions Version 4 provide unique Solutions for
> integrated product and processes development and teamwork
> optimization. They include an evolutionary architecture that
> enables customer growth and leading-edge applications for task and
> process optimization. CATIA-a and CADAM-b are developed by
> Dassault Systmes and marketed and supported worldwide by IBM.
> These solutions are leaders in the CAD/CAM/CAE/PDM marketplace with
> more than 9,000 customers. Many of the world's largest
> manufacturers as well as smaller companies with as few as one or
> two seats, are gaining a competitive advantage and achieving design
> excellence with these systems.
>
> Moldflow is the world leader in process wide plastic simulation
> software used to design and produce optimal palstic parts. Over
> 1500 customers in more than forty countries have produced billions
> of injection molded parts using the company's products. As major
> industries, including automotive, computer, aerospace, and medical,
> increasingly turn to plastics, Moldflow is delivering accurate,
> easy-to-use simulation products for all stages of plastic part
> creation.
>
> Part Adviser addresses key manufacturing concerns and offers
> practical advice on corrective actions for identified problems.
> For example, it informs users whether a part will fill properly,
> the location of weld lines, if and where air traps will appear and
> if the product will short shot. The unique "confidence of fill"
> plot indicates problem areas that would impede the manufacturing
> process. Part Advisor technology is based on a non-Newtonian, non-
> isothermal solver and simulates true plastic behavior.
>
> CAT/MF-Integration is a truly seamless integration between the
> Dynamic Series, Moldflow's suite of CAE optimization analysis tools
> for plastics, and Dassault Systemes CATIA/CADAM product range.
> With the integration of Moldflow's flow, cool and warpage analyses
> within CATIA, both product sets are significantly enhanced, and
> customers achieve a manufacturing solution from within their
> familiar CATIA environment.
>
> Information on CATIA-CADAM solutions is available on the CATIA
> home page at the following address: http//www.catia.ibm.com .
>
> Dassault Systemes Martine Vesco Dassault Systemes Tel: +33 (0) 1 40
> 99 42 18 martine_vesco@ds-fr.com Investor contact: Lynn Morgan /
> Michel Katz / Jessica Davis / Brian Maddox Morgan Walke Associates,
> Inc. Tel: +1 212 850 5600 Madeleine Resener / Caroline Bruel
> Morgan-Walke Europe S.A. Tel : +33 (0) 1 47 03 68 10
>
> CATIA is a registered trademark of Dassault Systemes S.A. CADAM is
> a registered trademark of Dassault Systemes of America. Moldflow is
> a registered trademark of Moldflow Corporation 9, quai Marcel
> Dassault, BP 310, 92156 Suresnes Cedex, FRANCE, Tel : + 33 1 40 99

Yakov Horenstein, Marketing
Promau Engineering srl
155, Strada per Novara
28062 Cameri (NO), ITALY
Tel: +39 (0)321 510390 [Direct: +39 (0)2 653512]
Fax: +39 (0)321 616068 [Direct: +39 (0)2 2900 6208]
E-mail: promau@msoft.it [Direct: yakov@planet.it]