Rapid Tool Maker

From: ChathamRes@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 21 1997 - 23:10:13 EEST

A client company of ours is interested in developing a rapid tool maker with
specifications as follows:

Build Volume- 1.5 to 2 cubic feet

Build Speed- 75 cubic inches per hour

Accuracy- 0.1%

Build Materials-
1. Polymers including acylates and epoxies
2. Ceramic powders loaded in a polymer binder to produce "green" ceramic
parts/tools than can be fired in a furnace to produce functional ceramic
tools
3. Metal powders (e.g. stainless steel) loaded in a polymer binder to
produce "green" powdered metal parts/tools that can be fired in a furnace to
produce metal tools

Overall Physical Size- 48 inches long by 28 inches deep by 60 inches high

Price- less than $100K

As this development would involve substantial technical risk, our client
needs to obtain feedback on the market potential of this type of system.
 Since the members of this list represent a wide cross section of rapid
prototyping users, we would like to solicit your feedback on your potential
interest in this type of product. The time frame for the development is
approximately thirty months.

Regards,
John Hepler