Re: Mailing list admin. problems

From: Seppo J Niemi (zaphod@bart.lpt.fi)
Date: Tue Jul 22 1997 - 09:55:30 EEST

Yakov Horenstein writes:

> Without fail, every message I send to rp-ml doesn't get delivered to the
> following addresses, and I always get a return reminder about it. Isn't
> there any way to stop this?

These errors are caused by mailers who do not work the way they
should. Normally, when somebody subscribes to the list with a bogus
address, all bounced emails come back to the list administration
account (rp-adm). But ccMail (and maybe some others) send errors back
to the original author, which is probably a violation of RFC-822.

The only way to stop this is to find and remove those addresses from
the list. I might try to do just that right now.

//zaphod