Flooding in Ft Collins

From: Mike Ervin (mikee@dtm-corp.com)
Date: Sat Aug 02 1997 - 01:48:49 EEST

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Elaine Hunt wrote:

> which brings to mind.....did the flooding in Ft. Collins cause Terry and
> family any problems? anyone know?
>
> elaine

I can tell you what Terry told me (below:)
Mike,

We stayed high and dry with no damage. Thanks for asking. Two parts of
town -- the CSU campus and two trailer parks -- got hit the hardest. About
one million books at the CSU library and bookstore were damaged, not to
mention lots of other stuff. Hundreds of homes had water in basements.
Not a pretty picture. The damage estimate on campus is $40 million, with
18 buildings damaged. They're going to try to salvage many of the books
Not a pretty picture. The damage estimate on campus is $40 million, with
18 buildings damaged. They're going to try to salvage many of the books
using a freeze-dried process.

Terry Wohlers

Mike Ervin