Re: Survey results

From: Terry T. Wohlers (twohlers@compuserve.com)
Date: Sat Aug 02 1997 - 19:28:32 EEST

Elaine Hunt wrote:

> which brings to mind.....did the flooding in Ft. Collins cause Terry and
> family any problems? anyone know?

Elaine - Thanks for asking. My family and I are alive and well. We stayed
high (in altitude) and dry. Colorado State University and back-to-back
trailer parks south of campus got hit the hardest. More than a half
million books at the CSU library were damaged, not to mention lots of other
stuff. They're going to try to salvage many of the books using a
freeze-dried process. Sure hope it works. The CSU bookstore was
completely destroyed. The damage on campus alone was estimated at more
than $50 million, with 25 buildings effected. Off campus, there were 5
deaths, 40 plus injuries, 160 rescued, 106 homes destroyed, and hundreds of
other homes damaged. Not a pretty picture. The local newspaper said that
this was a 1-in-1000 year storm, which delivered the heaviest 24-hour
period of rain ever recorded in Fort Collins. Yesterday, President Clinton
declared it a major disaster area.

Terry staying-dry Wohlers
Wohlers Associates, Inc.
OakRidge Business Park