RE: NT vs. UNIX

From: Karl R. Denton (karl@dentonco.com)
Date: Sun Aug 10 1997 - 17:32:50 EEST

Don,

We have produced some rather complex web sites that require a great deal of user interaction and I have the same comment about UNIX! It would take me longer to get over the frustration of learning (let alone finding, purchasing and installing) some Unix application to do the same. I have an SGI and aside from it's raw graphics power I see no advantage in using it vs one of our NT boxes on the Internet! I think we have a case of people using and standing by the OS they grew up with...None being wrong or more frustrating then the other (kind of like RP systems), they both have good points and bad!

Karl