Re: High T urethane

From: Kai Uwe Koch (kuk@IPA.FhG.de)
Date: Wed Aug 13 1997 - 09:06:47 EEST

Hello,

there exist some vacuum casting materials from different companies which
match to your requirements (temperature/color). For more details, contact
the companies below. I think the list is not complete, but it might help
you to get started. The companies listed below may give you the contacts
to some service bureous which use the materials you are looking for.

Kai

HEK-GmbH
Kaninchenborn 24-28
D-23560 Luebeck
Phone: +49(0)451/5 30 04 0
Fax: +49(0)451/5 30 04 50

HEK 2180: Color yellow, temperature range 100-140 deg (Celsius)

ebalta Kunststoff GmbH
Erlbacher Strasse 100
D-Rothenburg/Tauber
phone: +49(0)9861/70 07 0
fax: +49(0)9861/70 07 77

MG 400: color black/white, temperature resistance < 200 deg (Celsius)
MG 410: color yellow, temperature resistance > 200 deg (Celsius)

VG Kunststofftechnik GmbH
Huttenstrasse 15
D-09131 Chemnitz
phone: +49(0)371/42 37 29
fax: +49(0)371/42 37 84

U 7800: color ???, temperature resistance up to 130 deg (Celsius)
U 8600: color ???, temperature resistance up to 200 deg (Celsius)

AXSON GmbH
Waldstrasse 72
D-63128 Dietzenbach
phone: +49(0)6074/2 90 11
fax: +49(0)6074/2 42 08

PX 223 HT: color: black, temperature resistance > 120 deg (Celsius)

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Dr. Paul Bernhard wrote:

> To all urethane casters:
>
> I am looking for a tough, impact resistant polyurethane casting resin,
> that can be processed on vacuum casting equipment and withstand
> temperatures of 120 deg (Celsius). It should be demoldable in 1 hour and
> preferably be colorless or light yellow.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
>
> Paul Bernhard, Director
>
> --
> PROFORM AG Rapid Prototyping and Stereolithography
> Route de Fribourg 42
> CH-1723 Marly 2, Switzerland
> Tel. +41 (026)-436 43 83 E-mail: Pbe.Proform@com.mcnet.ch
> Fax. +41 (026)-436 43 29 WWW: http://www.proform.ch

Kai Uwe Koch E-Mail: kuk@ipa.fhg.de
                                        Internet: http://www.ipa.fhg.de/
Fraunhofer-Institut
Produktionstechnik und Automatisierung
Nobelstrasse 12
D-70569 Stuttgart Phone: +49 711 970 1856
Germany Fax: +49 711 970 1004