Re: Reorientation of STL

From: Tom Vorgitch (tom@solidconcepts.com)
Date: Thu Aug 14 1997 - 02:43:02 EEST

At 11:00 AM 8/13/97 -0500, C.L.Buchanan@ctc.cummins.com wrote:
>Does anyone have a easy method of changing the reorienting a stl files
>axes? I would guess there are some Actua users that have ran into this
>problem. I want to build a part in a different orientation than the stl
>file is currently in. The Actua's queuing software does not allow for
>this. Re-creating the stl file is not a good option for me. Any ideas?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Chad Buchanan
>c.l.buchanan@ctc.cummins.com

Several Actua users have been using SolidView to prepare their STL files.
You probably only need the $495 version, and you can download a trial
copy from http://www.solidconcepts.com

If you don't have web access, or if your sever is bogged down processing
large attached files (I couldn't resist!), I'd be happy to mail out a demo CD.

Regards,

Tom