Re: Application of 3D Systems' ACTUA 2100

From: Brad Fox (rdt@visi.com)
Date: Wed Aug 27 1997 - 02:00:58 EEST

Yakov:
We also have very successfully investment cast parts out of the Actua.
Traditional autoclaving can be done which makes the process fast. We've
done some very complex parts and yet to have dissipointing results. The
only thing to consider is the surface finish before casting the
pattern. The surface can be very quickly made smooth in post finishing.

I'll also put in my two cents for Actua. After running a service bureau
for 8 years, the best thing I like about Actua is it's reliability.
I've yet to have a build failure with my machine. IMHO - Actua is a
great little concept modeler!

Brad Fox
Rapid Design Technologies