Papers available

From: Ilkka Tapio Ikonen (itikon01@starbase.spd.louisville.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 12 1997 - 16:26:42 EEST

I have plased papers reporting some initial results from my dissertation
research on my home page, http://www.spd.louisville.edu/~itikon01
Topic of the research is packing of parts in
the SLS machine, but the method can be easily extended to
other RP machines. I'm using the actual STL file of parts and parts can be
non-convex. Smaller parts can be packed inside holes and cavities of
larger parts.
As an optimization method I use genetic algorithms to find a
good solution.

More results will follow in the near future.

Ilkka

    _____ _____
   / __) (__ \
  / (__|_________________________________________|__) \
 / | | \
/ | Ilkka Ikonen | \
\ | Ph.D. candidate, Graduate Teaching Assistant | /
 \ | Department of Industrial Engineering | /
  \ | University of Louisville | /
   \__| T:+1-502-852 1695 |_ /
      | Fax:+1-502-852 5633 |
      | email: itikon01@starbase.spd.louisville.edu |