Adhesive for urethane parts

From: Ernie Guinn (eguinn1@ix21.ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Oct 01 1997 - 01:34:51 EEST

        Here at A.P.I. we have a project where we need to bond two halves of
a tube together, that are made from a Ciba 80D urethane. We currently use
MAXI-CURE which is a cyanoacrylate (supper glue). This works but is not
nearly as strong as the urethane. We have 120 parts to make from 240
pieces, each tube is 8" long, which means we have 1920 inches to bond
together. I'm hoping to find a two part material that cures in a couple of
minutes, and is dispensed from a small gun.

        Any suggestions will be welcome and I will be glad to post the findings.

Ernie Guinn A PPPPPPPPPPP IIIIIIIIIIIII
Advanced Prototyping, Inc. A A P P I
2269 Star Ct. A A P P I
Rochester Hills Mi. 48309 A A PPPPPPPPPPP I
USA AAAAAAAAA P I
Ph: 248 8538256 A A P I
Fax: 248 8538263 A A P IIIIIIIIIIIII