Off topic humor

From: Yakov Horenstein (yakov@planet.it)
Date: Thu Oct 09 1997 - 11:48:32 EEST

Just to get us all in the right mood for Yom Kippur:

In 2020, the United States first Jewish president-elect called his mother
in Miami. "Ma, you're coming up for the inauguration, right?"
"I can't go to Washington in the middle of winter. I don't have any warm
clothes."
"Ma, I'll send you money. Buy whatever you need."
"But it's such a production to get there--taxis, airports, hotels."
"Ma, I'll send Air Force One for you with a secret service escort."
"Oh, Ok, I'll come."
January 20 dawned sunny and mild. The president-elect's mother was
seated on the dais, next to the incoming cabinet officers. As the oath
of office was being administered, the old lady turned to the new
secretary of state and whispered, "his brother's a doctor."