Re: RP for class work

From: Delft Spline Systems (info@spline.nl)
Date: Thu Oct 09 1997 - 14:50:30 EEST

>Hello Elaine -
>
>I would like to place a 3-D printer in our CAD/CAM lab, but as yet, we
>cannot afford to do so.
>
>- Stanley

Hello Stanley,

Please do consider RP using CNC milling. This technology works great
with students (are very enthousiastic on the possibility to make their
own 'real' products), and is very affordable for your CAD/CAM lab too.
To give an idea of the cost: software plus smallest machine (for foam
only) costs ca USD 2,500.00 (with educational discount even less).
See our Web site for further information.

Sorry about this commercial contribution, however I think it is
indeed of interest for this audience.

Best Regards

Lex Lennings.

Delft Spline Systems, The Netherlands.
Active in CAD/CAM, Rapid Prototyping and NC milling
mailto:info@spline.nl
website:http://www.spline.nl