Re: US-Navy - Electrosetting

From: Marshall Burns (marshall@ennex.com)
Date: Thu Oct 09 1997 - 21:35:29 EEST

Werdinius Christian wrote:

> For a week ago I wrote a questian about if somebody knows ANYTHING about
> the electrosetting technology developed by US-Navy. The info I have comes
> from a web-side last updated 1993. Please have a look at this site
> http://mtiac.hq.iitri.com/MTIAC/PUBS/RP/rp45.htm
> It would be very interesting to hear further information about this
> technology and to hear if there were any further development at US-Navy.

Dear Christian,

     There is a little more than that (not much) in my book, "Automated
Fabrication," but it also has a publication date of 1993. I don't think I've
talked with Ron Reitz or his commercial partner in several years.

    The U.S. Navy, through the ONR (Office of Naval Research) has been very
active in supporting R&D on various fabricator processes, mainly at
universities. They also co-sponsored my visit to Japan last year to study and
report on fabricator research there. A report is available on that trip, but
it's a little pricey.

Best Regards,
Marshall Burns
marshall@ennex.com