Re: 3D printers - what are they?

From: Mark Kottman (mkottma@kimball.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 1997 - 16:00:25 EEST

IMHO, it has more to do with marketing than anything else. RP has the
market perception of high initial investment in equipment. In using the
term 3D printers, they are trying to expand the market and make it
accessable to a wider audience. Beyond that, Brock is right on the money
with the continuum thing. There are many processes that may fit the term
rapid prototype in certain instances.

Mark Kottman
Kimball Int'l