RE: 3D printers - what are they?

From: Marina Hatsopoulos (marina@zcorp.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 1997 - 16:43:42 EEST

>But back to the metrics. Rapid? OK, faster than other RP machines, but
>still slower than making crude concept models from foam.
>
>Brock Hinzmann
>SRI International

In fact, this is not at all the case relative to Z Corp.'s Z402 system. We
challenge anyone to make a foam model of any complex geometry in the time we
can print it out on our system. We have virtually no geometric limitations
and a print speed that is an order of magnitude faster than any other system
on the market.

Marina Hatsopoulos
Z Corporation
617-628-2781