[Fwd: What's happened to BPM?]

From: Patrick A. Lanfear (planfear@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Oct 21 1997 - 18:54:52 EEST

for those who where there

attached mail follows:

At 12:30 PM 10/15/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I read your earlier message and was disappointed due to the number of
>conversations we've had. The progress we made since the change in control of
>BPM was phenomenal
>but very unfortunate that we could not progress faster and the industry as a
>whole is slumping and not well focussed.

Pat,

What I said was not meant to slam you or any current people at BPM. The
job to turn BPM
around from past management practices was certainly overwhelming at best.
I believe
what users whispered among themselves gave little chance of success
regardless of what technology breakthoughs were implemented at BMP. The
user community lost faith in both the technology and company.

I had hopes of getting a machine sometimes this year and all the comments I
had heard lately were favorable. But time just ran out. I wish you and all
the BPMer well and I am sure you'll are surface elsewhere in the RP world.
Take the lessons to heart and use them. I hope other vendors can learn from
these happenings but if not then others may join you in history.

Elaine

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
http://chip.eng.clemson.edu/rp/persall/elaine.html