CAM Software

From: Rick Harrington (rharrington@harringtonpdc.com)
Date: Thu Oct 30 1997 - 15:56:47 EET

Hello All,

We are in the process of upgrading our CAM software.

We currently use Computervision's Personal Designer/Personal Machinist.
When we purchased this product, it was, we believed, one of the best
CAD/CAM Solutions for a PC. It is still, we believe, very good with
surfaces. We've used this product for 5 years and it appears that
Computervision has abandoned it. The only changes made to the product
since purchase has been a menu upgrade and an upgrade to allow the product
to run under Win 95 (we have had little success in making this happen). We
decided we needed a product that the manufacturer would throw resources
towards. A product that is not hard to find support for. A product that
is being worked on. A product that competes with other products that are
similar.

Since our purchase, there are many more products that will run well on a
PC under NT.

I'm looking for published info on comparison of the products that will run
under NT. I would also like to know how others may have dealt with similar
situations.

Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance.

Rick Harrington

Harrington Product Development Center

"Bringing it all Together"
Your partners in product development solutions

Phone: (513)482-4700
Fax: (513)482-4706
Toll Free: (800)482-2240

E Mail To: rharrington@harringtonpdc.com