STL file toolkit

From: Elaine T. Hunt (elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 17 1997 - 17:22:49 EET

Since we always return to this problem, I can't help wondering out loud.....

Are STL files still a major problem? What is the current major RP problem?

How do you repair your STL problems (3rd party software, CAD rework,
service bureau, other)?

Do STL problems prevent your using RP effectively?

Does it cost you...money, time, effort?

If a service bureau repairs your file...do they tell you, give you updated
data?

Can you use your CAD data on ANY RP system without problems? If no why?

Which CAD systems produce the worst STL files?

Has RP reached the limit of the STL file? Why?

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
http://chip.eng.clemson.edu/rp/persall/elaine.html