RE: [Fwd: Any DTM DuraForm User's out there?]

From: Brian Bauman (bbauman@il1.plynex.com)
Date: Tue Nov 18 1997 - 17:39:35 EET

Joe,

We have been using DuraForm here in our 2000. The results are most impressive. Quick cooldowns, excellent feature detail compared to glass and fine nylon. Recycling is a breeze. There is no need for elaborate recycling methods. The best thing is there is no longer the stringent requirements for Nitrogen. Parts build in a 5.5% oxygen environment with no yellowing. We are able to use our Nitrogen Generator again.

Finishing is excellent. There is no need to infiltrate these parts if you do already. Your finishing tools will last longer. The material can be finished to a pattern level which then can be used for rubber molding. We have talked about the possibility of using DuraForm for complicated rubber molds where a SLA master pattern may break.

Hope this helps.