Re: Off-topic: Accounting software

From: Robert I Connelly (Connelly@BDRC.BD.COM)
Date: Fri Nov 21 1997 - 23:56:10 EET

>>Solomon..... IMHO I do not recommend Solomon due to the customer support and
>>some problems we experienced.

>ANY product you purchase....I highly recommend you call their support line
>and test drive the support you will be receiving BEFORE you purchase.
>After the fact there is little you can do if you need help and it's found
>to be lacking or non existent. If the 1-800 support is a joke most likely
>their product is also.
>Elaine

Now this definitely IS something that is applicable to all of us on this list, if not just
for software but hardware support as well. And that leads to my question - how
exactly do you test drive the support line for something and walk away feeling
like you really know how well they will support you during battle? Seems to me
that without any real knowledge of your application it would be hard to put them
through their paces. Elaine, have you actually done this before? Maybe not
knowing anything about the product makes one a perfect candidate for a test
driver!?

I like the concept, but I don't know how to apply it. Any thoughts?

- Rob
Rob Connelly
Becton Dickinson Research Center
21 Davis Dr.