RP & Footware

From: Steve Rotzin (stever@scanlab3d.com)
Date: Tue Dec 02 1997 - 02:41:40 EET

Yakov:

Coincidentally, we have recently been contacted by a very, high end, ice
skate manufacturer to laser scan the bottom of skaters feet in order
provide a more accurate fit and decrease turnaround time ( still classified
as cobblers). We are looking into the possible use of DTM's elastomeric
material for testing.

Also, we have cross sectionally scanned the bottom of a shoe ( treads) with
great success. Non-contact scanners are not fond of 90% angles, therefore
the results of the cross sectional scan was extremely encouraging. These
files are easily saved as STL, IGES or NC Toolpaths.

Best

Stephen Rotzin
Scanlab 3D
1054-C Shary Circle
Concord, CA 94518
Tel: 510-676-1280 / Fax: 510-676-1288
mail to: stever@scanlab3d.com
http://www.scanlab3d.com

"Scanning The Globe For A Constant Variety Of Projects"
         (Take a look at the 7th fetzer valve, Gordo)