Stereo-imaging question

From: Terry T. Wohlers (twohlers@compuserve.com)
Date: Tue Dec 02 1997 - 20:32:43 EET

Dr. Michael Maguire wrote:

> A few months ago I asked about some of the Mars Pathfinder imagery that
had
> presumably been converted from stereo-camera imagery, to .stl, ultimately
to LOM
> models. Does anyone know of how the images were converted to .stl
(software
> used, vendor or service bureau who did the conversion)?

There's an article on this with very good photographs in the October 1997
(second) issue of Prototyping Technology International, which is published
by UK & International Press. If you don't get this quarterly publication,
you should. I've been very impressed with it, both in editorial content
and production quality. Ask for a sample issue by sending your mailing
address, along with a short request to prototyping@ukintpress.com. You may
also want to ask for the first issue, which was published earlier this
year.

Terry Wohlers
Wohlers Associates, Inc.
twohlers@compuserve.com