Re: Spray metal on various rp processes

From: Kevin Robertson (kevin@arrk.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 1997 - 23:21:07 EET

>Also, there is a local craftsperson here in KC who silvers mirrors. He
>uses a spray rig to coat one side of the mirror and then seals the coat
>with black lacquer. This is not an electro static process. Does anyone
>have experience with such a thing? Would it stick to stereolith or other
>type parts?

We vacuum metallize stereolithography parts for automotive and lighting
applications. It's best to use a cold process to keep from warping the
parts. We've been pretty successful with this application and there are are
also other vendors performing this service around the United States. In
addition, our Japan division does some of the best metallizing work on
stereolithography that I've ever seen. They have access to chemicals not
allowed in the U.S.

If you have any specific questions, or need further information, let me know.

Regards,

Kevin Robertson
ARRK-San Diego, CA