Re: Thermal coefficient of expansion of silicone rubbers

From: NEIL HOPKINSON (epxnmh@epn1.maneng.nottingham.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 13:19:17 EET

I have some done some work in this area. The closest information
that I have is the volumetric CTE for Dow Corning Silastic J which
is: 0.0009 / C. Generally linear CTEs are about a third of
volumetric ones, and I have carried out experiments to confirm this.
For temperatures in the range 20 - 60 degrees C the CTE of other
silicone rubbers appeared reasonably constant.

Feel free to get back in touch if you would like any more
information.

Neil Hopkinson
Centre for Rapid Prototyping in Manufacturing
University of Nottingham
University Park
Nottingham
UK