Plaster casting from SLA RP patterns

From: Stahlhut, Todd A. (stahlht@indy.navy.mil)
Date: Fri Dec 05 1997 - 13:56:00 EET

We are currently exploring the use of SLA patterns for the plaster mold
process. We have been using SLA patterns for quickcast and sand casting
for years but are just exploring the use of plaster casting methods.
What experiences have RPML members had and what vendors do you find have
performed well for you. The process looks interesting for that 10-100+
casting requirement. What tolerances have you experienced to be
achievable. (not what they say but what you have seen!)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Todd Stahlhut
Hughes Technical Services, Indianapolis
Stahlht@indy.navy.mil