Re: Spreadsheet and Word Processor for SGI -Reply

From: JOE LYNN (JL8896@smtp.crane.navy.mil)
Date: Fri Dec 12 1997 - 19:45:30 EET

There is a program called SoftWindows for SGI,
which allows you to run MS-DOS and Windows
programs, though I think only Windows 3.1
standard mode apps at 486SX speed. Try Qualix
Direct (www.qualix.com), they also have native
UNIX Word and Excel programs available.

Joe Lynn
US Navy

>>> <ralott@CCGATE.HAC.COM> December
12, 1997 8:21 am >>>
     There used to be software for workstations
such as SGI that would
     emulate a PC. Are such things still available?
 It would be nice to
     be able to run Window NT or '95 on an SGI.

     Rick Lott
     Hughes Space and Communications
     Los Angeles, Calif.

Separator