Re: Rhino reviews or case studies

From: Dorjano.Baruca@src-comp.si
Date: Tue Dec 23 1997 - 14:12:54 EET

Hey guys If I'm not wrong they already have Pro/E. And I think that Steve
F.
is more interested at shoving the object not making it. Am I right?

Regards,

Dorjano Baruca
SRC Computers

DPT@ix.netcom.com on 22.12.97 23:25:00

To: sfarenti@scf-fs.usc.edu
cc: rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi (bcc: Dorjano Baruca/SRC Computers)
Subject: Re: Rhino reviews or case studies

Steve,
We whole- heartedly agree that SolidWorks is a great approach to take when
you
consider the cost vs. functionality.
Dan
Steve_Farentinos wrote:
> Marshall,
>
> It sounds to me like you're more interested in documenting your design
and
> getting your parts made. Look for a dimesion driven solid modeler like
Solid
> Works. It doesn't have the "freeform" surfaceing capabilities of FormZ
and
> Rhino, but it is better suited to generating engineering drawings and
> performing FEA.
>
> Steve
>
> Marshall Burns wrote:
>
> > Dear Michael,
> >
> > Thanks for the info on Form Z. Two questions:
> >
> > 1. Is Form Z (and is Rhino, for that matter) adequate for
engineering
> > design of electromechanical devices as opposed to industrial design of
> > product shells? A lot of what you talked about seemed to be related to
> > rendering pretty pictures, which is not our priority at this stage,
although
> > it will become so later.
> >
> > 2. What does Form Z cost?
> >

> --
> Steve Farentinos
> PML, Inc.
> 201 W. Beach Ave.
> Inglewood, CA 90302
> 310 671-4345
> 310 671-0858 Fax
> 310 671-1862 BBS

begin: vcard
fn: Dan Sammons
n: Sammons;Dan
org: Design Prototyping Technologies
adr;dom: 8 Adler Drive;;;East Syracuse;New York;13057;
email;internet: dpt@ix.netcom.com
title: Operations
tel;work: 315-434-1869
tel;fax: 315-433-2317