Machine rates

From: Terry Wohlers (twohlers@compuserve.com)
Date: Fri Jan 09 1998 - 19:16:57 EET

I have a question for service providers running a Stratasys FDM1650,
FDM2000, or FDM8000, or Sanders ModelMaker or ModelMaker II. As you're
well aware, there are many ways of calculating the cost of building RP
models for customers. Many have tied the cost to machine build time.
Approximately what do you charge customers per hour for machine time using
one or more of these machines? I understand that those running an SLA-500
charge in the $100/hour range and those running an SLA-250 now charge
around $50/hour. Please correct me if I'm wrong. LOM-2030 pricing is also
around $50/hour, according to figures that were shared with me. Thanks for
your input!

Terry Wohlers
Wohlers Associates, Inc.
twohlers@compuserve.com