walnut shell protyping

From: dbassett (scansite@slip.net)
Date: Thu Jan 15 1998 - 20:03:38 EET

1-15-98

Hi Everyone,

Apparently there is a protyping process using crushed walnut shells and, I
believe, some sort of polymer. I know this is being done in parts of Europe.
I'm interested if anyone knows of this in the states and how big of piece
can be created using this process. I need a way to produce economical and
large (20' to 30') pieces directly from scanned data, other than foam slices.

Any possible leads would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Lisa Federici
Scansite, 3D Laser Digitizing