Re: RP Stock Prices

From: Guy Allen Brady (galbrady@engin.umich.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 17 1998 - 04:35:24 EET

On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, Yakov Horenstein wrote:

> At 11:40 AM -0500 16/1/98, MR ALBIN A HASTBACKA wrote:
>
> >It looks like the finanacial problems in
> >Asia have spread to this business.
>
> No AL, it's more like our industry exported the crisis to Asia :-)
> I've been following RP stock quotations for about a year now, and
> prices have steadily decreased . . .

All this talk about stock made me think about the RP companies from the
point of view of an investor and not as a customer or user. (Kinda like
being a Chiefs fan watching the Superbowl - not as much enthusiasm.) I
checked out the stocks from several of the sites present from Yahoo. When
you got charts, P/E, market cap and the like to look at, the view is much
more sobering - almost sterile.

On the other hand, as a long term investor you could look at the situation
as an industry-wide sale! But, the question is, which one is the best
choice from an investing standpoint rather than a customer/user
standpoint?? Hey, this is good - anyone willing to guess at the values
six or twelve months from now? Hey, for some of the prices, investing
would almost be as expensive (or profitable?) an all-night $1/ante poker
game.

          G. Allen Brady -- Graduate Research Assistant
Materials Science and Engineering - The University of Michigan
2219 H.H. Dow Bldg. 2300 Hayward Street Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2136
work: 313/936-0177 fax: 313/747-4807 email: galbrady@umich.edu
           http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~galbrady