RP Consultants Needed in Asia

From: Dockstader, Lee (DOCKSTADER@3dsystems.com)
Date: Sun Jan 18 1998 - 12:38:00 EET

Greetings from Hong Kong,

Despite the Economic Turmoil in Asia, SLA-RP is alive and well for 3D
Systems. Although there are over 100 3D-SLA systems installed in Asia
now there is still an acute shortage of experienced people trained to
help set-up and run a RP facility.

3D provides a comprehensive solution including an installation,
implementation and training program however most of our clients could
benefit immensely by the assistance of a highly experienced person
on-site for a period of 3-12 months. Just think of what you would do
differently if you could go back in time 4 or 5 years in the USA and
set-up a RP business. That is just about what is like in the Far East at
the moment.

If there are any individuals who are interested in contract work in Asia
I would be happy to make the introduction to our customers. Likewise if
there are any SLA service bureaus who would like to cooperate with either
new service bureaus in Asia or new end-user customers I would also be
happy to make the introductions. Nearly all new installations are
interested in Rapid Tooling processes including but not limited to RTV,
Direct Aim, Cast Epoxy Tooling and Keltool. Most end-users will not
necessarily make the investment for any or all of these processes and it
may present an interesting opportunity for incremental revenue or perhaps
even a joint venture.

The main industries our clients are in are Automotive or Auto parts
manufactures, Electronic/Computer products or components, Shoes, and Toys
in that order. The primary markets where assistance is needed is Taiwan,
China and Korea. Japan, HK and Australia are well served by local
technology partners.

With the recent availability of low cost powerful 3D CAD an emerging
Service Bureau market is also developing. If there are any US Service
Bureau's that would be interested in establishing a local office or joint
venture partner please don't hesitate to contact me.

I will be attending the RP Conference in Detroit in May and perhaps the
SLA User Group meeting in March. Several of our distributors and
customers will also be in attendance. I would be happy to make
introductions at that time as well.

One last opportunity for service bureaus to meet prospective partners /
clients is to host visitors from Asia. Since our Asia HQ opened last
April 3D has helped arrange USA visits for approximately 50 people from
Asia. If any USA service bureaus are interested in hosting visits please
let me know.

If I can be of any assistance with the above or any other RP matter
please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Lee

My contact information is:

Lee Dockstader
Managing Director, Asia Pacific Operations
3D Systems
101 Repulse Bay Road #32C
Hong Kong
+852 2592-9202 ph